Welcome to The First Aid Industry Body
- Totally Independent
- Costs are realistic and fair (to both Training Organisation and Employer)
- More monitoring than the old HSE system
- Training Organisations issue their own certificates
- Monitored by Professional and Independent First Aid Inspectors
- Run by a Management Advisory Panel from across the U.K.
- The Body will be “Run by the Industry for the Industry”
HSE No Longer Providing Approval & Monitoring
HSE make clear Trade/Industry Bodies will be required to give the assurances to Employers that is required by the Lofstedt review. The First Aid Industry Body make very clear what standards we are adhering to, and those required by the Training Organisations that are/will be registered with us as well as the quality assurance processes that are in place.
Make no mistake the First Aid Industry Body will fit all the requirements required by the Professor Lofsted review and give the Assurance to every employer about standards of training. If it comes down to trust and respect then most of you know Ian Kershaw and how much support and effort that he has given to so many Training Organisations within this Industry both when he was in charge of First Aid at HSE and since with FOFATO and how particular he has always been about standards of training.
We can guarantee through the FAIB route that the monitoring will be more frequent than with the old HSE system and yet the costs have been kept to an absolute minimum which means that Training Organisations should be able to keep their costs to their Clients static. You will keep your identity because you will issue your own Certificates and consequently you DO NOT pay a fee for every certificate issued. We can also guarantee that we will using only highly qualified First Aid Inspectors with NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Indeed some of those Inspectors will be the same people that are used by HSE. We can also offer a guarantee of CONSISTENCY in First Aid Monitoring Standards and that a large part the Inspection will be directly monitoring the COMPETENCE of the First Aid Trainer and less checking paperwork (some of which will be done electronically).
FAIB Advisory Panel
Below is a current list of the Management Advisory Panel:-
- Ian Kershaw
- Russell Fowler – (FAST) – First Aid Supplies & Training
- Joanna O’Donovan – Bostock Health Care
- Paul Walker – Walker Training Services
- Joanne Dunbar – Stewart First Aid Training Service
- Judi Brazkievicz – Holos Healthcare
- Richard Palmer – Medi Aid (UK) Ltd
- Stuart Marshall- Marlin Training Ltd
- Chris Bull – First Aid North East Ltd
- Peter O’Donnell – HertsFire Training
- Tina Lazarus